With Father's Day around the corner, we've been reflecting on our favorite times with Dad. While recapping our editors' best life advice from our fathers, we heard many tales told of enviably cool antics running in the family tree. From reminiscing over his favorite records to trading notes on everything from business strategy to concert tees, our dads' real-life moments nod to the theory that style runs in the bloodline. All of these scenarios are true, first-hand accounts from our close friends and family. If you can relate, your dad's a pretty cool guy. Celebrate accordingly this holiday.
- Your most played Spotify playlist is entirely curated from his vinyl collection.
- You asked for his notes on the latest Drake album.
- Your guy friends won’t shoot pool with him anymore due to being hustled one too many times.
- Your friends call him on Saturdays for business strategy advice.
- He’s been to more Grateful Dead concerts than your sporting events (and he came to all your sporting events.)
- The last thing he searched for on YouTube was Jimi Hendrix covering "All Along the Watchtower" at 9 a.m. on a Sunday.
- Your 7-year-old son says things like, “Just chill with it” while listening to music (because they’re little sponges.)
- When there was an exam in school, your friends asked if they could come over for one-on-one tutoring with him.
- He taught you to meditate before every sports game using Queen's greatest hits.
- He considered learning how to do donuts in a parking lot "part of driver’s ed."
- You trust him to pick out vintage T-shirts for you.
- The minute he starts to tell a story at a dinner party, the table goes silent.
- People call him “Duke.”
- His extracurricular in college was “Pranks Chairman” of a fraternity. This expertise was called upon throughout your formative years.
- There’s a breakfast taco named after him at your local spot.
- He plays his Fender Stratocaster on Sundays so loud that the entire street thinks there's a concert at your household.
- His idea of a bedtime story was Ivanhoe—when you were four.
- You can call him anytime, day or night, and he answers.
- When he offers to cook dinner, you cancel your plans.
Have a cool Dad? Add to our list in the comments below, and shop stylish Father's Day finds.