The much-anticipated long weekend is here. And we're taking it as four days of utter bliss and something that serves as the perfect little treat at this time of year. If like us, you're wanting to make the most of the extra day, we've got on main suggestion: Plan ahead. While it's all well and good to go with the flow and see how you feel, the truth is, though you have the best intentions, Saturday morning will quickly roll into Monday evening, and have you wondering where your precious time went.
There's been a lot of office banter surrounding the action plan for this mini respite, and some of them are just too good not to share. So, if you're an introvert and are looking for close-to-home activities that require zero makeup and small talk, or are in the mood for social activities that include your girl crew and a fabulous outfit to match, see below for some of the plans our editors have jotted down in their diaries.
Keep scrolling to see all of our plans and to be inspired.
- I'll be spring cleaning my closet Mari Kondo-style—the hub and I are attempting to cut down on junk before family member three joins us.
- Getting a massage at Venustus. Venustus is my happy place and I can't think of a better way to kick off a long weekend.
I'm all about low-key, relaxing long weekends with a healthy dose of eating, drinking, and exercise:
- I'll get up early, do the coastal walk in Bondi, and then maybe head to Bills, Harry's, or Porch for breakfast.
- On the Sunday, I'll do a long lunch with my boyfriend. North Bondi Fish if it's warm, or Chiswick in Woollahra if it's cooler.
- Monday maybe I'll head somewhere like Balmoral for coffee, and then the spit to Manly coastal walk. I'll finish up with a little meal prep, and a face mask.
I'm quite the nanna these days, and living in Cronulla is the perfect remedy for escaping the Sydney bustle.
- I'm planning an epic Saturday brunch at my local café, Blackwood Pantry.
- Sundays are usually reserved for meal-prep, but with an extra day, I'm making it special by ordering a Dinner Party Box from Marley Spoon and inviting some friends over for a special (and equally nutritious meal.)
- Monday will be my Sabbath, I am hoping to finally finish The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.
- I'll be spring cleaning my wardrobe and packing things I no longer need/want to sell at a market stall.
- I'll be going down to Molo Bar at Woolloomooloo to drink Aperols, eat cheese, and people watch.
- I'll be picking a restaurant on my 100 list at random to go for dinner on Sunday night.
I've got a fun weekend in the works:
- Friday night drinks with my sister, who is visiting from Perth, at the Henry Deane Rooftop Bar at Hotel Palisade.
- Watching the AFL grand final and having a punt at the TAB Epsom Race Day at Royal Randwick—double the sport, double the fun.
- Heading to Sephora to stock up on all of the Byrdie Curated Beauty Award recommendations for my skin type.
- To ring in the long weekend my boyfriend and I are planning to wine and dine at Fratelli Fresh on Friday night. Pizza is my absolute favourite food so I can't think of a better way to unwind from the work week. Afterwards, we're meeting up with my best friend at nearby at Palmer & Co for a cheeky cocktail (or two).
- On Saturday, I have big plans to sleep in and paint my nails, and then at night I'll be catching up with some girlfriends, most probably in Balmain (we like to start off at the cosy Corner Bar in Rozelle, before bar-hopping our way down Darling St).