With the holidays coming up, now is an appropriate time to brush up on your hostessing skills—especially if you’re having guests stay at your abode for more than a couple of days. Why? Because Elle Decor reports that a shocking 50% of houseguests are disappointed by the accommodations offered to them. To ensure that your friends and family are well taken care of, here are seven easy ways to impress houseguests.
- Make sure your house is clean.
- Change the bed sheets. Your guests deserve clean bedding.
- Provide toiletries. Whenever I’m at a hotel, I stock up on miniature bottles of shampoo and conditioner. When guests come to stay with me, I give them these toiletries. Having a few extra toothbrushes is also a a great idea!
- Ensure that they have everything they need to sleep comfortably. Plenty of pillows, warm blankets if your house gets chilly, and an eye mask are essential.
- Don’t argue in front of guests.
- Provide your Internet password.
- Make your guests feel welcome and comfortable.
It’s also a good idea to place some reading material in a chic tray near the bed in your guest room.
What little things do you do to make guests feel more welcome?