If you've been toying with the idea of investing in a crockpot, pause. Apparently, there's a new device that's gathering a serious cult following and cooks meals in as fast as two minutes. Sold?
The Instant Pot is basically seven appliances in one, explains PureWow, who recently dubbed it "the most fantastic cooking gadget ever." It functions as a "slow cooker, electric pressure cooker, steamer, rice cooker, sauté pan, stockpot, and yogurt cooker." (Yes, yogurt cooker.) The handy device has over 20,000 five-star reviews on Amazon, was the best-selling product on Prime Day, and even has its own fan following on Reddit, Facebook, and Twitter.
So what can you actually do with an Instant Pot? These five Instant Pot recipes prove it might just push crockpot off the throne as best kitchen appliance. Winter comfort food has never been easier to make.
- Easy Mac and Cheese: Center Cut Cook explains how to use an Instant Pot to whip up this crowd favorite in 10 minutes, including prep and cook time.
- Lo Mein: Got two minutes? That's all you need to make this vegan noodle dish, created by Slap Dash Mom.
- Mash Potatoes: Peak comfort food, courtesy of A Calculated Whisk.
- Chicken Tikka Masala: Instant Pots seal in the flavor like crockpots, as shown in an aromatic recipe by Savory Tooth.
- Penne With Sausage in Tomato Cream Sauce: Paint the Kitchen Red proves pasta can be even easier (and tastier) than you thought.
Do you own an Instant Pot? Tell us if it lives up to the hype.