There's no better feeling than leaving the office on a Friday evening knowing you have an entire weekend ahead of you to spend however you want. But for those long weeks when even Friday night leaves you feeling high strung and worried about work, you need a serious de-stress session. Enter this relaxing and rejuvenating yoga flow from Y7 Yoga instructor and founder Sarah Levey. She shared a few poses with Women's Health designed to work on balance, opening your hips, and stretching your muscles. If you spend your work week hunched over a computer screen sitting at a desk, you need these poses in your life. Ready to let go of thoughts of emails, spreadsheets, and meetings? Hit the mat and try these four poses for serious stress relief. Namaste.
1. Place your hands shoulder-distance apart on your mat.
2. Step your feet firmly at the back of your mat, forming a V-shape with your body.
3. Work to bring your heels as close to the ground as possible.
1. Lift your right leg up and step it through your arms with your foot landing between your palms.
2. Make a 90-degree angle with your left foot and keep your right foot facing forward.
3. As you inhale, keep your right knee bent and bring your upper body up with arms stretched straight out to each side.
1. From Warrior II, reach your right arm up and over your body with your left arm reaching down your left leg.
2. Keep your front knee bent.
3. Wrap your left arm around your body and press your hand into your hip for a little extra stretch.
1. On an exhale, windmill your hands down to the mat framing your right foot in a low lunge position.
2. On an inhale, reach your right up to the sky, twisting from your chest.
3. Keep your left hand planted on the ground.
Head to Women's Health for more relaxing yoga poses.