People all over the world have been impacted by the health crisis that is Zika, whether it's suffering from the disease directly, being forced to cancel long-awaited travel plans, or even reconsidering competing in the 2016 Olympic games. The virus has had a resounding global impact. But the risk is more severe if you are pregnant or in the process of trying to start a family, so doctors are advising those expecting and trying to become pregnant to avoid certain areas where there's a risk of contracting the disease. Unfortunately, many popular vacation spots have been affected, but there are still plenty of stunning destinations that haven't been targeted by the virus. Just in time for summer travel, StyleCaster released a list of beautiful beaches that are Zika-free, so grab that natural sunscreen and keep scrolling, because we're sharing a few of our favorite safe travel suggestions from the roundup.
- Bondi Beach, Australia: Just four miles from the major city of Sydney, the beach only stretches about a mile long but draws huge crowds thanks to its beautiful setting and the Instagram-worthy, Olympic-size swimming pools, known as the Icebergs, along the shoreline.
- Brewster, Massachusetts: Though it's located in the Northeast on the hook of Cape Cod, this long, flat, and sandy beach has more of a Caribbean feel thanks to the clear blue swimming channels and pink "Bermuda" sand strips.
- St. Tropez, France: The white sand beaches and spectacular views from the Côte d'Azur (or French Riviera) make St. Tropez a top vacation destination among stars and beach lovers alike.
- McClures Beach, California: Just over an hour north of San Francisco, the beach is favored among hikers and nature lovers as it's situated on a U.S. National Park, Point Reyes.
- Little Kaiteriteri, New Zealand: The quaint seaside town of Kaiteriteri boasts stunning views of Tasman Bay's turquoise water and is also located near Abel Tasman National Park, offering the best of two worlds.
- Ogunquit, Maine: The tiny town turns into a prosperous vacation destination during the warm summer months thanks to the picture-perfect beach surrounded by soft dunes and quaint cottages.
- Mykonos, Greece: The Aegean Sea provides stunning views, beaches, and people-watching all in one.
- Dubrovnik, Croatia: The gorgeous sandy beaches along Croatia's coastline offer breathtaking views of the Adriatic Sea.
Which one of these destinations will you be adding to your travel bucket list?